How to Prepare Your Home for Winter Weather
About 1 in 50 homes has a claim caused by water damage or freezing each year. With winter right around the corner now is the perfect time to start preparing your home for the winter weather. SERVPRO has some tips to help you prepare.
- Shut off and drain any outside faucets.
- Once the leaves have fallen, it’s time to clean those gutters.
- Make sure the soil around your home hasn’t settled, leaving areas for water to pool at your foundation.
- Test that your sump pump is in working order.
- Mark your main water source and make sure your family know how to shut it off in case of a water emergency.
If disaster strikes your home, call you local SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to help assist you. We are HERE TO HELP.